Water is one of the primary resources required to preserve life on earth. While almost 70% of our planet’s surface is covered with water, only 1% of it is available for use. Needless to say, water conservation is a growing requirement, and lessening your water intake is a great way to help nurture the cause.
In case you were wondering how to go about it, we’ve got some great tips on how you can save water at home. So, whether you’re brushing your teeth, doing the dishes, washing clothes, or watering the plants, there are many ways in which you can save water on a regular basis.
In the Bathroom:
- Check for any leakage that may cause a considerable amount of water loss. If you find something leaking, address it immediately. Call for a plumber if you need help.
- Don’t leave the tap running while you’re shaving or brushing your teeth. Simply turn off the faucet when not in use.
- Switch out your regular shower head with a water-saving option to maintain an optimal flow of water. You can also turn off the tap as you soap up.
- Use a water heater with express heating technology, wherein cold water doesn’t need to flow out first (wastage) in order to get hot water. An A. O. Smith water heater can help you here.
- Additionally, you can switch to a low-flush or dual-flush toilet, which allows you to control the amount of water you use.
Doing the Laundry:
- When using a washing machine, ensure you don’t start a cycle until it is full. You can also use the quick wash option to optimize the use of water.
- While washing clothes, choose cold water instead of using warm water and avoid using a dryer as it consumes a lot of energy. You can easily spread your clothes on a drying rack instead.
- Cut down on your laundry. You don’t need to wash jeans, sweaters and towels after every use.
In the Kitchen:
- Try rinsing all the dishes in a full-sink or using a pan of water instead of letting the water gush out while hand washing. If you own a dishwasher, make sure it is filled to capacity to save water.
- Rinse fruits and vegetables in a bowl of water rather than washing them under running water.
- When you go to the market to buy the latest water purifier, think of using a machine with water recovery technology instead. Products like A. O. Smith’s Green RO serve as the best water purifier for home and help you conserve water daily. It has the best house water filtration system to ensure safe drinking water – always.
Water conservation is a major requirement and we must all do our part to save every ounce of water. So, chalk out a plan to conserve and preserve water on a daily basis. Remember, water conservation begins with each one of us, and it begins at home!