Are You Experiencing Pain and Suffering from a Personal Injury?

Have you been injured in a car accident? If so, the first thing you need to do is to contact a personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer will be the best resource for advising you on your rights regarding medical payments and financial compensation.

You may also be eligible for payments for pain and suffering. Though, each case is different regarding this type of compensation.

What is Pain and Suffering, When it Comes to Car Accidents?

In car accident injuries, pain and suffering is defined as both physical and mental pain someone experiences because of the accident.

It may include both pain currently being experienced, as well as any expected to occur in the future. Pain and suffering damages are subjective on both sides of the case, so reaching an agreement regarding them can be challenging.

Does Insurance Pay for Pain and Suffering?

Most car insurance policies provide coverage for pain and suffering. It is referred to in policy paperwork as “bodily injury liability.” It covers pain and suffering, as well as medical bills and lost wages from the accident. There are usually limits as to how much insurance will pay for pain and suffering. That is why it is sometimes necessary to go to court in a civil suit to obtain the compensation someone deserves.

You’ll Need Evidence

An insurance company is not going to just hand you money for pain and suffering without proof. You will need to submit evidence, usually from your doctor. The insurance will also look at:

  • Whether you reported the injury when you reported the accident claim
  • Whether you sought treatment for it immediately after the accident
  • Whether you had pre-existing pain in that same area from another reason prior to the accident.

If you believe you deserve financial compensation for pain and suffering from a car accident, do not delay in seeking legal advice. Contact our top personal injury lawyer in Huntsville AL today.