It’s 1st January and gleaming as a top priority in your new year’s resolutions is health and fitness. We all know that having a regular exercise and remaining physically active is very beneficial to our health. Attending motivational shows and reading self-help books or articles tend to inspire us to do great things. However, realizing it, saying it and doing it is very distinct.
It is not bad to feel intimidated joining gyms which are usually filled with experienced regulars or even newbies. You will have to trample your worries to reach your fitness goals.
Don’t be part of the large group that remains in the verbal or theoretical gym. To avoid laziness and unnecessary excuses, here are five good reasons why you should join a gym this month of January.
- Health Benefits – Gym training includes both aerobics and strength training exercises. Exercise promotes cardiovascular fitness and creation of lean muscle. Apart from attaining good looks and keeping your body in shape, regular gym attendance and fitness exercises have been approved by research to help reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, depression and stress related illnesses.
- Gym Support and Motivation – There are those who love exercising and those who drag themselves along. For those who find it a chore, especially the newbies, getting into the environment of experienced regulars can reward you with the necessary incentive and find a rhythm to make exercise your regular routine.
Visiting gym on a regular basis, hitting your short-term fitness goals and noticing results both on the inside and outside can be an incredible motivation to convert yourself into an exercise lover.
- Make Friends and Acquire Knowledge – The gym is partly a social place for like-minded people. Group fitness classes would be a fun way to establish friends. Once you develop good rapport with a few colleagues, you can team up and try partner workouts for possible maximum results.
With a lot of coherence in place, you can surely borrow and learn from others, but only suitable techniques that can work for you without incurring unnecessary injuries. Inquire from training instructor and experienced colleagues what exercises can safely help you accomplish your fitness goals.
- Stress Relief – Several studies have pointed that any form of exercise or physical activity can serve to relieve stress. Increased brain activity leaves us feeling better physically with a brighter emotional outlook. Reduced body and mind tensions from physical exercises rewards with quality sleep and improved general mood.
You can decide to switch your phone during the exercise sessions and forget all the personal life or work troubles for the short period.
- Sample Equipment – Most gyms offer a wide array cardiovascular machines, strength machines, boxing kits, training gears, exercise classes and many other invaluable elements. This award you the opportunity to vary your routine and establish which exercise equipment gives you the quality workout. It might be overwhelming at first, but relying on friendly experts will help you find the machines a lot simpler than they look.
Doing those basic exercises at home and doing them with a little group effort aided by instructors at the gym is very different. A simple lifestyle change can make your fitness goals achievable. Own your newbie status, decide to take the plunge and join gym this month of January.