For more than a thousand years, people have been using natural treatments to promote healthy and beautiful skin. One of the top natural options today is cannabidiol (CBD), a compound derived from a hemp plant. Indeed, CBD has also been demonstrated to help with other health issues, including menstrual cramps, migraines, inflammation, weight loss, and mental disorders. In this post, we will take a closer look at how CBD works to help with acne problems and other skin conditions.
What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that happens when excess oil and dead cells clog the pores. When the pores get blocked, the buildup of Propionibacterium acnes causes red and ugly blemishes. Because of this, treating acne mainly involves helping the skin to stay clean, cutting back excess oil, and preventing the acne-causing bacteria.
How does CBD Work to Reduce ACNE?
Most studies on CBD and ACNE revolve around stopping the process of excess oil buildup. In one of the studies published in the Journal of Clinical Investigations, researchers found that CBD oil inhibited excess oil production and further reduces inflammation effects on oil-producing glands. But keep in mind that there is a specific time of the day to take CBD oil.
The emerging benefits of CBD in addressing acne has made it one of the common ingredients in most skin care products, body washes, and soap bars. In addition to helping address acne, CBD is also effective in reducing acne scars.
To get better results when using CBD for acne, it is important to also use the right method of application. Here are some of them:
- Topical application: This involves direct application of CBD on the affected part of the skin, and it is the most recommended method when seeking to address acne faster. You simply put a few drops of CBD on your hand, and rub it on the skin until it is absorbed completely by the skin cells. You can also combine CBD with an appropriate oil, such as coconut oil, to help to soothe the skin.
- Sublingual application: This method involves putting drops of CBD tincture under the tongue so that they are rapidly absorbed into the blood to cause the effect you anticipate. The good thing with this method is that CBD does not go through the digestive system, and a higher concentration will reach the bloodstream faster.
- Oral application: If you do not want to use CBD topically or sublingually, why not swallow it? This method is excellent because you can simply take a few drops and swallow them, or take them together with food. Note that when you use oral application, CBD is broken down in the liver, and the dose that gets into the blood is relatively low. It will also take longer to peak in the blood.
CBD Help with Other Skin Conditions
Today, medical professionals recommend CBD for acne because it is also a great solution for addressing other skin-related issues, including the following:
- Psoriasis: Researchers have established that CBD works with cannabinoid receptors in the human skin to help reduce the excessive growth of skin cells.
- Itchy skin conditions: When you use CBD, it interacts with CB1 and CB2 receptors to turn off signals that transmit to the brain from your skin nerve endings that show itching. Consider using CBD together with skin-soothing oils for better effects.
Research has shown CBD is one of the most reliable remedies if you have acne or other skin problems. Remember that you should only use high-quality CBD from top sellers for faster results.