For many years, it was observed that French people usually suffer fewer heart problems than many other countries. This may be because of the regular consumption of the red wine.
Resveratrol is found in grape seed skin, the same part of the grape used to make wine. Resveratrol provides antioxidant support to help fight premature cell aging. It is also found in red wine and Japanese knotweed.Resveratrol is also found in grape seed extract, though in smaller amounts than the skin of grapes.
Top 6 Benefits of Resveratrol
- Helps Improve Heart Health: Being a rich Antioxidant, it helps to lower inflammation and controls cholesterol levels. Being an anti-inflammatory agent, It protects from forming the clots in the blood and thus possible protecting from heart attacks & strokes. Resveratrol seems to influence cholesterol levels by reducing the effect of an enzyme that controls cholesterol production.
- Controls Cholesterol Levels: Cholesterol is a naturally-occurring compound in the body and is required for many biological processes. When we say, helps control cholesterol, we refer to the “bad” cholesterol. Bad Cholesterol is linked with the risk of heart diseases. Resveratrol in the red wine or in the form of supplements due to its antioxidant property can not only help to reduce bad cholesterol but also improves the good cholesterollevels
- Protects from Blood Pressure: Antioxidant properties of Resveratrol also plays an important role in controlling blood pressure. It is being studied that regular consumption of resveratrol helps to produce morenitric oxide, whose function is to relax the blood vessels.
- Maintains Normal Blood Sugar: It is known for balancing blood sugar levels and thus preventing suffering from Diabetes. In one study, published in the British Journal of Nutrition, researchers concluded that resveratrol improves insulin sensitivity, which enables blood sugar to be utilized for energy rather than accumulating in the blood and damaging arteries.
- Protects from Hair Loss: It is being extensively studied to improve endothelial function which can help promote blood flow to the hair follicles which is important if you want your hair to grow.
- Prevents Skin Damage: The antioxidant present In Resveratrol has been proven in many studies to be effective. This result was because of its anti-inflammatory, collagen-promoting, estrogenic, and antioxidant properties which counteract the effects of aging and UV radiation.
How to I include Resveratrol in my diet?
Colour of Resveratrol as a vitamin is purple or reddish in colour. You can add natural ingredients available in the market which includes red grapes, red wine, fresh berries like blueberries, black berries and strawberries. Or purple coloured vegetables – purple cabbage, purple carrots etc.
You can also opt for resveratrol supplements either in the form of a single ingredient or in a multivitamin. Learn more about GNC Grape Seed Extract plus Resveratrol 352 mg, the benefits of grape seed extract is combined with our special Resveratrol Polyphenol Complex for healthy aging support.