People who need assistance and they cannot find it anywhere else, come for therapy. They come to therapy sessions for getting help. Therapy depends on the type and issue, and the help comes to them from information, support, self-knowledge, guidance, and they need space to practice those new tools after they have learned them.
Following are the examples of issues for which people seek for therapy:
- Mental Disorder: People who are experiencing anxiety, addiction, ADHD, PTSD, depression, etc. may need individual counselingto treat their problem or to learn the ways to cope with such situations. In most of these cases, medications are also used with therapy.
- Support: If someone faces loss, they turn to counsel. In therapies, they can talk about their grief safely. The therapies provide them support as well as the environment to express their grief. People who suddenly suffer physical illness, loss of job or relationship, issues about abuses, or any change in the circumstances of the life which they are not happy about needs help from therapists. With the help of a therapist, the person learns how to cope with such situations.
- Distress: Distress management might be tough for some person,and some may like it, but when the level of distress level is high like someone can’t sleep, study, socialize, eat or enjoy life, therapy would be a good option for them. For example, some students get irritated if theyare given assignments, whereas some are happy to have assignments. The therapy is needed when the situation will bring a problem in their life for the assignments.
- Self-exploration: Few people want to understand them more. They want to know why they are what they are today or why they feel some particular way in some particular situations. Self-exploration is also used to determine which carrier would be the best for that person.
- Communication: A lot of people goes to therapy for making their relationship work with their partner again which gets into the problem because of poor communication in them.
But the stages mentioned above are only a few reasons why people visit a therapist, there are a lot many reasons and only because they find therapies give them what they need.