Considering how healthy potato calories are, people have gotten creative with baking potatoes. Here are five unique ways to bake healthy potato chips.
1. Homemade Baked Potato Chips
Ingredients: 1-pound russet potatoes,1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 F. Coat a large baking sheet or aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/8-inch pieces and soak for about 30 minutes. Pat dry before placing in the oven.
- Toss the potato slices together with the olive oil and salt to coat evenly. Then spread the potato slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20- 25 minutes until the chips are crunchy and golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or French onion dip.
2. Bake Potato Chips into Waffle Chips
Ingredients: 1 russet potatoes, extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 kosher salt, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, and 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Carefully slice the potatoes to about 1/8 inch thick. This will create a waffle appearance. Soak the potatoes in a large bowl overnight or cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Mix 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, and 1/4 tsp chili powder in a bowl.
- Drain the potatoes from the water and place the slices on an aluminum foil.
- Coat each chip with oil on both sides and bake for 15-20 minutes
3. Crunchy Oven Baked Potato Chips
Ingredients: 2 large potatoes sliced, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, 1/2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of semolina (for a crunchier taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Coat a large baking sheet or aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with your hands. Make sure the potatoes are evenly and thoroughly coated.
- Spread potatoes on the prepared baking tray in a single layer
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for approximately 30-40 minutes until potatoes are golden and crunchy.
4. Loaded Baked Potato Chips
Ingredients: 2 medium potatoes, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 3 pieces of cooked mashed bacon, salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese cup, 1/2 teaspoon of sour cream.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice and season the potatoes with salt and pepper, and roast for about 15 to 20 minutes, until they begin to turn golden brown on the base.
- Bake until the potatoes are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
5. Baked Potato without Oil
Ingredients: 1 russet potatoes,1/4 kosher salt, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, and 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Slice the potatoes into ¼-inch thick rounds. You can leave the skin because it contains fiber and other nutrients.
- Lay the chips on a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix the seasoning with the potatoes thoroughly.
- Microwave them for about 5 minutes to 10 minutes. Check them at intervals until they turn a golden brown. That’s when they become crisp.