One of the most popular beverages in the world is coffee. It has a lot of beneficial nutrients and high levels of antioxidants. Here are the top coffee benefits:
- Makes you smarter and improves levels of energy: Consuming coffee will lessen your tiredness and increase your energy levels. Coffee contains a stimulant called caffeine which is the most frequently consumed psychoactive substance in the world. This causes levels of dopamine and norepinephrine to increase secretion, leading to enhanced energy levels.
- Helps to burn fat: Caffeine, present in coffee, is to be found in the majority of fat burning supplements, because it helps to burn fat. Your metabolic rate will rise by 11% while drinking coffee. For lean people, this fat burning is as much as 29%.
- Improves physical performance: Besides stimulating the nervous system, coffee also increases the level of adrenaline in your system, and being a flight or fight hormone, it readies your body for physical exercise of an intense level. Caffeine improves your physical performance by at least 11-12%. Having a cup of coffee before heading to the gym is a good idea.
- Has essential nutrients: Consuming a single cup of coffee will increase Riboflavin, Pantothenic acid, potassium and manganese, as well as niacin and magnesium levels. Needless to say, coffee drunk 4-5 times a day will increase the levels of these beneficial nutrients.
- Lowers type 2 diabetes risk: Innumerable people around the world suffer from Type 2 diabetes, which is characterized by high blood sugar levels as well as a reduced ability to form insulin in the body. If you suffer from diabetes, drinking coffee will significantly lower your chances of type 2 diabetes. Studies have shown that regular drinkers of coffee wil have a 23-50% lower risks of getting this disease.
- Protection from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease: One of the leading causes of dementia in the world is Alzheimer’s disease. There is no cure for this and it affects people over the age of 65. Besides healthy eating and adequate exercise, drinking coffee regularly will lessen your chances of dementia by 65%.
- Lowers risk of Parkinson’s: Following Alzheimer’s , Parkinson’s disease Is the next most common disorder. It is a neurodegenerative disease, nd happens because dopamine producing neurons in the brain stop production. If you are a coffee drinker, your risk of Parkinson’s will reduce by 32-60%.
- Protects the liver: The liver is a versatile organ, and some common diseases affecting it are fatty liver and hepatitis. This increases the chances of cirrhosis where scar tissue replaces the liver. If you drink 4-5 cups of coffee in a day, you will have a 8-% risk of not developing these liver conditions.
- Combats depression: Depression is a very common ailment and affects millions worldwide. There have been studies showing that drinking 4 or more cups of coffee decreases depression and suicidal thoughts by at least 20-50%.
- Lowers risk of cancer: Coffee protects against colorectal cancer and liver cancer. Coffee drinkers will have a 40% reduction of chances of these types of cancer.
These various benefits of coffee should convince you to reach for this beverage and make use of its healthy effects.