Do you or someone you know have an amphetamine addiction? Is there a way to tell if you have developed an addiction? What signs should you look for? The following list provides some examples of symptoms of amphetamine addiction:
- Change in personality, including the way you interact in relationships
- Excitability or euphoria
- Financial difficulties
- Using the drug, even when it has negative effects on your life
If you stop taking the drug, you may experience withdrawal symptoms. Here are some symptoms of amphetamine withdrawal:
Amphetamine Addiction Recovery
If you are addicted to amphetamines, recovery is possible. Therapy can help you overcome your addiction and move on with your life. If you decide to start formal rehab at an addiction recovery center, you will receive individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy. Formal treatment can help you:
- Establish coping methods
- Identify triggers for your drug use
- Develop skills to avoid drug use
- Discover new habits to replace your amphetamine use
- Repair relationships
- Avoid relapse
- Get support from others who have similar struggles
Amphetamine Addiction Help
There are treatments available for your addiction. The first step in treating your amphetamine addiction is going through a medical detox. Medical detox may last about a week and will be supervised by a medical team. After detox, you will need to complete a rehab program either in an outpatient or inpatient setting.
- Inpatient setting – You will stay at a facility 24/7 and receive fulltime care to overcome your addiction. Getting away from the pressures of family and friends can sometimes aid in the recovery process.
- Outpatient setting – If you choose to receive care at an outpatient addiction center, you will receive care at a facility during the day, and then return home at night. This may be a good optionif you feel that you will not be faced with any addiction triggers when you return home.
Whether you choose to receive care in an inpatient or outpatient setting, you will experience several different types of therapies. You may experience:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Art and music therapy
- Physical fitness or physical activities
These types of therapies and comprehensive treatments will help you to identify triggers and conquer your addiction for good. Getting away from the pressures of family and friends can help in the healing process. Amphetamine addiction treatment programs at United Recovery Project in Florida welcomes those suffering in other cities and states and are available to you at any time. Click here for more information.