- Approved by FDA, Lasik Eye Surgery/ Yaldo Eye Center gained momentum over a period of time to safely improve visual acuity of people with myopia (short-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness) and astigmatism.
- Lasik Eye Surgery/ Yaldo Eye Center is much more preferred over previous vision correction procedures like PRK as the procedure is quick and patient can start experiencing a better vision within 24 hours of getting operated. More so, the patient gets discharged the same day.
- With the availability of Custom or Wavefront Technology, a 3D map of the eye is created that allows individual mapping of the eye that help reduce risk of side effects like night vision issues, halos, glare. This technology also helps in customizing the procedure as it allows laser to measure and then treat individual deformities of cornea thereby increasing the probability of better results.
- Lasik eye surgery involves vision correction by reshaping of the cornea. In most of the cases, desired results are achieved with the first treatment. However, an enhanced treatment may be required if residual prescription is not corrected properly.
- A thorough eye examination is done to ensure fitness of the eyes to withstand procedure. The medical staff doing the examination will evaluate the refractive errors (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism), shape and thickness of cornea, pupil size etc. To reduce the risk of dry eyes condition post Lasik eye surgery, a precautionary treatment will be meted out to the eyes should there be any need of that.
- To create the map of cornea, a Corneal Topographer measures the curvature of the front surface of the eye. With wavefront technology, wavefront analysis is done by sending light waves through the eyes for better assessment of visual aberrations.
- Apart from evaluation of your eye health, the medical team will assess your overall health by evaluating your medical history. As contact lenses tend to alter corneal shape; your ophthalmologist will ask you to stop wearing them atleast 2 weeks before you undergoing Lasik Eye Surgery.
During the Surgery
- You will be given eye drops for numbness so that you do not feel any discomfort while getting operated. You will also be given some medication. Post that, the surgeon will start the procedure to make and then customize a corneal flap for your eye. Laser pulses are painless but you may feel pressure around your eyes.
Post – Surgery
- Once Lasik procedure is done, you may feel a temporary discomfort like itching or burning sensation. Your surgeon will ask you to relax and take rest for a while. After sometime, your doctor will examine you and allow you to go home with a following day’s follow up.
- You would have to take a couple of days off from work to allow a better healing. You may experience haziness and blurry vision post-surgery, but the condition should subside following day. You are not supposed to undergo any physical labor atleast for a week for better healing results.
- During the follow up checkup on the next day of the surgery, the doctor will review your vision stats and may prescribe medication to take and advice you on general precautions that you may have to take for better healing.